Stage 4 Visual Arts Teaching Resources
This curriculum based Secondary Visual Arts Unit includes a lesson plan and subject specific resources with an artmaking practice plan for teachers to download.
Creating quality Teacher Resources
The beach has a place in everyone's story
Surf Life Saving is much more than just saving lives on the beach
A key priority for us is reaching out to all Australians through our substantial community education programs. We aim to teach all Australians how to keep themselves and their families safe at the beach.
What are the key messages?
- That the beach is a part of everyone’s story and is a place of inclusivity, energy and place to enhance health and wellbeing.
- The beach is always changing.
- Planning your students for a safe and fun beach experience with themselves, their mates you and family.
- Know the beach they are going to. Know their safety plan.
- Fight the mob mentality and be self-aware of their own and their mates competency if they are in an unsafe situation on the beach.
What will you find in these units?
- NSW Syllabus outcomes by learning area
- Lessons & Tasks
- Activity worksheets
- Scootle Resources
Key beach safety messages
- Find the red and yellow flags and swim between them
- Look for, and read the safety signs
- Ask a lifesaver or lifeguard for safety advice
- Go swimming with an adult
- Signal for help if you get into trouble in the wate
What you will find in this resource:
NSW Syllabus Outcomes by learning area
Lesson Plan - Artmaking Practice
The study of visual design enables young people to develop an interest in and enjoyment of investigating the evolving practices, technologies and ideas of this art form. Through critical reflection and acquiring understanding, knowledge and skills, students respond to the designed images, objects and ideas of others, by creatively developing their own ideas, designs and artworks.