Join a Surf Life Saving Club
What is a Surf Life Saving Club?
Surf Life Saving Clubs are central hubs for communities and are at the heart of Surf Life Saving with roles for everyone. In the water, on the sand or at the surf club – whatever your skills and interests there’s a place for you. They are like a family. Think about what suits your time, skills, and interests and then contact your local club to explore opportunities available and what you can add to your community.
IN THE WATER - ON THE SAND - AT THE CLUB
- Gain your Surf Rescue Certificate or Bronze Medallion
- Join Nippers for family based fun
- Try competing in the water - board paddling or swimming
- First Aider on the beach
- Patrol the water as a UAV operator or pilot
- Support development of the nippers, become a coach, official or carnival judge
- Volunteer at events
- Lead and coordinate club activities
- Become a Club President or put your hand up to be a treasurer
Hi I'm Grace. I am a volunteer lifesaver at Freshwater SLSC. I joined my first surf club back in U6 as a nipper and have loved the organization ever since.
JOIN A SURF CLUB
Surf Life Saving has a role for everyone. In the water, on the sand or at the surf club – whatever your skills and interests there’s a place for you.