Coastal Safety Ambassador Program
Are you between the ages of 18 and 39 and interested in learning new skills, making new friends and supporting your community to be beachsafe?
What is it all about?
SLSNSW is committed to providing learning, skill development and employment pathways for youth and young adults. The Coastal Safety Ambassador Program provides training, education and skill development to participants which they then take back to their own communities to pass on vital coastal safety knowledge. In this way we are empowering our communities to deliver and promote change and reduce drownings.
What sorts of things do participants recieve as part of this program?
- Fully paid training (with travel/accommodation subsidies)
- Certified and accredited training opportunities
- Small group training with Lifesavers and Lifeguards
- Fully supported community volunteer experience
- Pathway opportunities to employment
- Recognition of experience and training from Surf Life Saving NSW
Do I need to be able to swim to participate?
No, you do not need to know how to swim or have any swimming ability. We have a number of varied opportunities available to suit different people and while we encourage you to learn to swim we do not require you to be able to swim to join the program.
Would you like to express your interest in joining this program?
Please complete this form and we will be in touch with your shortly.