As the state's peak water safety and rescue organisation, our mission is simple and hasn’t changed in over 100 years; saving lives, creating great Australians and building better communities.
Total Reach 2015-2021
Beach to Bush Reach 1994-2021
The Beach & Coastal Safety Resource hub, has been designed with our diverse communities in mind and the needs of each of these individual and unique communities. The hub is designed to create a fun, engaging and interactive space to learn about beach and coastal safety.
So what is the Beach & Coastal Safety Resource hub for?
- A place for all communities to learn and engage with beach safety information.
- A place to share multilingual information and resources with all communities.
- A place to learn more about Surf Life Saving and how members of the community can get involved.
- A place to explore and engage in virtual and face to face beach safety programs.
- A place to share stories from our communities about their experiences with the beach and ocean.
- To support and empower our Surf Life Saving clubs to engage in community education
- To support our communities to empower themselves and those around them to stay safe on the coast.
- To provide an easy and accessible space to access beach and coastal safety relevant resources and information for everyone.
To equip all communities with the confidence, knowledge, resources and tools to prevent drownings and create safe, fun, welcoming and enjoyable beach side experiences.
A confident beach loving community where the ocean is respected, beach risks are understood, beach safety is prioritised and all people feel welcomed and a part of the NSW coastline, beaches & SLSNSW clubs.
Meet the Community Education team
Community Education Manager
Julia loves the ocean and being a child of refugee parents, Julia is passionate about providing meaningful and culturally relevant and accessible community education and engagement for all communities.
Community Engagement Officer - Youth & International Students
Originally from the UK, Mike has shared his passion for otudoor adventure through his work with surf lifesaving. Mike now leads the youth, young male and international student space and is working hard to create new pathways to engage these groups.
Community Education Officer - Schools & Regional Communities
Jenni is our rural representative. She loves sharing our beach and coastal safety messages throughout NSW regional and remote schools and communities through a range of educational programs.
Community Education Support Officer
Jingjing originally came from China, and she loves helping people. Jingjing manages the team resources, casual staff rostering for delivering different programs, and supporting other team members and other departments.
Community Education Project Support Officer