Lifesaver @ My School (K-6)
Bring a Lifesaver to your school and give your students the opportunity to learn about beach and ocean safety in their own classroom and playground.
Curriculum Linked - Interactive - Engaging
Our sessions are very interactive!
During your FREE, 45-90 minute session our experienced lifesavers will engage your students as we wander through the day of a Lifesaver and some challenging situations.
What will your students learn about and engage in?
Putting up the flags
Performing a rescue
Patrolling the beach
Helping the community
Staying fit & active
Surf Life Saving equipment
What will your students learn about beach safety?
- F – Find the red and yellow flags and swim between them
- L – Look for and read the safety signs
- A – Ask a lifeguard or lifesaver for safety advice
- G – Go swimming with an adult
- S – Signal for help if you get into trouble in the water
- Dangers of rip currents
I really enjoyed you coming to our school. I LOVED IT!
What will teachers receive?
- Free activity worksheets
- Content outlines
- Curriculum aligned unit outlines
- On-line pre and post quiz
- In depth learning and student engagement
- Opportunities for your students to ask lots of questions and talk to our lifesavers
Access the full curriculum linked and stage based unit outline including a 3 week lesson plan and activities for teachers to download and use in class.
Interested in bringing a Lifesaver to your school or want to know more?
Complete this form and we will be in touch with you shortly.
We're bringing you all the latest beach and coastal education related news, programs and resources for NSW teachers via our On Patrol newsletter.