Take a look behind the scenes of our Virtual Reality Drone Flight Simulation!
Want to know how we create a 360 degree virtual reality experience? Check out the video below.
Come behind the scenes with us!
Meet our UAV pilots and learn from the creators and developers of this new and exciting experience as we talk through the technology and planning involved in creating this drone flight simulation.
We created this simulation to give people an opportunity to experience the coastline from a unique perspective. At ground level it can be hard to see and understand hazards, but from above you can obtain a whole new view, helping you to better understand why safety on the coast is so vital.
- Julia Kiss, Project Manager
How can I use this video in my secondary STEM classroom?
Technology Mandatory (Years 7-8) Classroom
TE4-10TS explains how people in technology related professions contribute to society now and into the future
Investigate the way in which technologies evolve locally, regionally or globally and how competing factors are prioritised in the development of design solutions, for example: (ACTDEK029) ST – automation and data transfer in manufacturing, eg Industry 4.0 – GPS and drone technologies used in farming
Information and Software Technology (Stage 5, Year 10) Classroom
Information and Software: This video could be used to teach students about different types of purposes of this multimedia and how this multimedia is created
Authoring and Multimedia: This option provides an opportunity for project development in multimedia. It will allow students to develop skills using authoring software in developing multimedia products. The project should incorporate three data types into a multimedia product controlled by a computer.
I want to learn more about drone technology for my classroom.
Surf Life Saving NSW has partnered with She Maps to continue the learning after you’ve experienced the Lifesaver Drone Outreach Program. She Maps offers awe-inspiring drone and geospatial curriculum-aligned programs that are designed to be easy-entry level lessons, through to more challenging creative problems based around real-world applications to stretch and engage your students. Learn more about this program here: https://www.surflifesaving.com.au/members/resources/lifesaver-drone-outreach-program/
Questions for secondary STEM students
- Identify the purpose of the VR Done simulation.
- Create a table to describe the different roles of people involved in the creation of this product. You will need 3 columns with the headings NAME, ROLE & PURPOSE. You can use google if you do not know what the purpose of a specific roll is.
- Describe what the drones are currently used for on NSW beaches.
- Identify challenges that are faced when creating this media.
- Describe benefits of this type of technology.
- Assess the effectiveness of this product as a tool to teach beach and coastal safety.
- Research and list as many current uses of drone technology today. Select one to detail and discuss.
Watch this video about the Australian UAV's SheMaps School program. Click on the link below to access more information about the program and how to book.