The Primary School Years
Reimagining how we engage, educate & empower our primary school communities…
Primary School Years (5-12 years)
KEEPING MY COMMUNITY SAFE
- How do we care for and include each other?
- What choices can help me to stay safe?
- How can we use strategies and tactics in challenging situations?
- How do empathy, inclusion and respect have an impact on the safety of myself and others around me?
- How responsible am I for my own and other’s wellbeing and safety?
- What actions positively influence the safety and wellbeing of my community?
Interested in having your club engage with the local schools in your community? Try some of these...
- Reach out to a local school to plan a visit and have some of your clubs Lifesavers do a show and tell.
- Do a presentation on core FLAGS messages and key beach safety. (Get in touch with us for some resources - see below)
- Do a talk about the "day of a lifesaver" and all the duties and activities involved.
- Talk about some real life challenging Lifesaving related situations and how they were resolved.
- Provide the teacher with some resources prior to or following your visit. (See activity sheet resources below)
- Take a group of students to the beach - run some sand and/or water based nipper style activities. (download nipper activities document below)
- Do a Lifesaver and club equipment show and tell, allowing students to try on and hold various available equipment - role play how they are used.
- Do you have a safe rock platform at your beach? Take a group of students to explore the rock pools and marine creatures there. (Download rock pool explorer resource below)
- Not able to bring students to your beach? Run some nipper style activities at the school playground or a nearby park.