Stage 6 Biology Teaching Resources
Secondary teacher resource focusing on Biological Diversity content and outcomes for Year 11.
Creating quality Teacher Resources
The beach has a place in everyone's story
Surf Life Saving is much more than just saving lives on the beach
A key priority for us is reaching out to all Australians through our substantial community education programs. We aim to teach all Australians how to keep themselves and their families safe at the beach.
What is the aim of this depth study?
- Develop positive, informed values and attitudes towards biology
- Recognise the importance and relevance of biology in their lives
- Recognise the influence of economic, political and societal impacts on the development of scientific knowledge
- Develop an appreciation of the influence of imagination and creativity in scientific research
(Reference: Biology Stage 6 Syllabus, 2017.)
What will you find in these units?
- Teacher Guide
- Depth Study
- Values Worksheet
Key beach safety messages
- Find the red and yellow flags and swim between them
- Look for, and read the safety signs
- Ask a lifesaver or lifeguard for safety advice
- Go swimming with an adult
- Signal for help if you get into trouble in the wate
What you will find in this resource:
Outcomes & Lessons
SLSNSW Education values worksheet
This course provides students with the opportunity to learn about variations in the structures and functions of organisms and provides an understanding of the effects of the environment on living things. Students investigate reproduction, inheritance patterns and the causes of genetic variation. Applications of this knowledge in biotechnology and genetic technologies are explored.
Biological Diversity Unit Outline and Resources
Download the Stage 6 Biological Diversity Teaching Resources here
We're bringing you all the latest beach and coastal education related news, programs and resources for NSW teachers via our On Patrol newsletter.