Community Education Support
SLSNSW acknowledges the need to better support our clubs and branches to engage and educate their communities. We have been working hard to lay the foundations of a renewed community education space and are looking forward to sharing these with you and supporting you in whatever way we can.
SLSNSW Community Education
SLSNSW Community Education Target Groups
- CALD, Multicultural, refugee, new migrant & Indigenous communities.
- Early childhood centres, parents & families
- Older communities (Inclusive of multicultural senior groups)
- Coastal accommodation service providers
- Rock Fishers
- Primary & Secondary school students (inclusive of Low ELP & High CALD schools, as well as IEC’s)
- Regional & remote communities (inclusive of schools & refugee & new migrant communities)
- LGA Councils & Multicultural Community Service Providers
- International students (Inc. Tertiary Institutes)
- Youth & Young male’s (15-29 years of age)
- Tourists, Backpackers & General Public groups
- Aquatic centre communities & staff
SLSNSW conducted a Communtiy Education health check, seeking comments and feedback from NSW SLS clubs & branches.
How can SLSNSW support your club or branch to provide community education to your local communities?
- PEOPLE - To support the delivery of community education programs to at-risk communities.
- RESOURCES - To support the delivery of beach and coastal safety information and programs to diverse and multilingual communities.
- FUNDING - To support the costs associated with the delivery of community education and engagement sessions to at-risk communities.
- TRAINING - To support the development of members involved in the delivery of community education and the engagement of at-risk communities.
- NETWORKS - To support the connection of clubs and branches to local networks and relevant contacts.
SLSNSW are ready to work with you and support you with training, networks, promotion, resources and subsidies. We have many communities looking for opportunities to learn at their local beach. Complete the form and we will be in touch with you shortly.
Looking for resources and information on engaging different groups within our community? Check out The Learning Journey.