Our Senior Communities
Reimagining how we engage, educate & empower our older communities...
Our senior community.
STAYING HEALTHY & SAFE
- How can I safely engage in aquatic based activities?
- What factors must I take into consideration prior to engaging in aquatic activities?
- What are common risk factors in drowning related deaths in senior communities?
- How can a medical check up support safer swimming?
- What additional risks may exist in coastal aquatic environments?
- What are the health benefits to engaging in coastal aquatic recreation?
Interested in having your club engage with older community groups in your area? Try some of these...
- Reach out to a local community group to plan a visit and have some of your clubs Lifesavers do a show and tell.
- Do a presentation on core FLAGS messages and key beach safety. (Get in touch with us for some resources - see below)
- Get in touch with you local council to find out what events or sessions you might be able to attend to engage local communities.
- Your local council may be able to support some presentation sessions to council community groups or they may be able to connect you with specific senior groups.
- Reach out to your local RSL to arrange an event or opportunity to attend and set up a stall for a day.
- Engage with and promote the Silver Salties program across your club.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle & regular health checks to your older club members.
- Reach out to us! We can help connect you with a local related networks and provide support to ensure we make the best impact in this space.