Adults, Parents & Families
Reimagining how we engage, educate & empower the adults, parents and families within our communities...
Adults, parents & families
BEACH SAFETY STARTS AT HOME
- How will the decisions we make impact my safety and the safety of my family?
- How will our actions and behaviours impact my safety and the safety of my family?
- How will my values and beliefs impact our safety and the safety of my familiy?
- How will my previous experiences impact the way I behave in and around water?
- What is a risk or hazard to me?
- How do we identify a risk?
- How do we identify a hazard?
- What is personal safety and well being?
- How do we ask for help?
- What does it mean to be aware of my environment?
- How does my experience with authority figures impact my safety?
- How do cultural and religious beliefs impact safety and safe decision making?
Interested in having your club engage with the wider comunity in your area? Try some of these...
- Reach out to a local community group to plan a visit and have some of your clubs Lifesavers do a show and tell.
- Do a presentation on core FLAGS messages and key beach safety. (Get in touch with us for some resources - see below)
- Get in touch with you local council to find out what events you might be able to attend to engage local communities.
- Your local council may be able to support some presentation sessions to council community groups or they may be able to connect you with specific cultural groups.
- Arrange a Community or Family Open Day at your club - promote through the council and local business.
- Run a hazard awareness session on the beach and include a rip dye demonstration.
- Do a Lifesaver and club equipment show and tell, allowing individuals to try on and hold various available equipment.
- Reach out to us! We can help connect you with a local related networks and provide support to ensure we make the best impact in this space.
Activity sheets & resources to download...
We have lots of resources, programs and networks that can help to support your club to engage with local multicultural communities. Check out our support page and reach out to us for further information.