Beach to Bush
Since 1994, NSW surf lifesavers have been visiting schools in rural and remote areas to educate primary school students about beach and water safety. Our very popular annual primary aged surf education program is now returning for its 28th year in 2021.
What is Beach to Bush?
Beach to Bush 2021
This year is set to be an amazing year as not only are we are extending our reach across all of rural and remote areas in NSW but we are also adding some innovation with technology VR components, allowing students to virtually learn about beach and ocean safety.
What will your students learn?
- Beach and inland water safety
- How to be sun smart
- How to spot a rip
- Where they should always swim at the beach
- What to do if they get into trouble at the beach
- The different types of marine life that can be found along the coast and inland waterways
- Why they should always read and obey the signs at the beach
- The role of lifesavers and lifeguards and how to ask them for safety advice
Message to our lifesavers
Dear John, Michael and Ryan, Thank you for teaching us about water safety. I learnt that when you are drowning you put your hand up straight. I learnt so much because of you sharing your information. Thank you from Isabella
What would like to know about our sessions?
- Our lifesavers visit your school for a 45-60 minute session
- Maximum class size - 100 students per session
- No school is too small or too large for us to visit
- Your session will be run by trained, active and qualified surf lifesavers
- Tours commence from Monday 8th November 2021 until Friday 26th November 2021
- Our lifesavers will travel anywhere to visit your students...the more remote the better!
- We have created safety quizzes for your students to compliment their learning
- This is a FREE program, fully funded by Surf Lifesaving NSW through the support of the NSW Government and Your Local Club
We're bringing you all the latest beach and coastal education related news, programs and resources for NSW teachers via our On Patrol newsletter.