Annie & the Waves
Learn how to stay safe at the beach with our lifesavers Grace, Liam & Louise as they take your children on a narrated journey with Annie as she goes on holiday to the beach. Best suited for children K-2.
Staying Safe at the Beach
Annie learnt a lot about how to stay safe in the water when two surf lifesavers visited her school.
When Annie goes on holidays to the beach with her family she discovers that the sea is unpredictable. She is initially wary of the waves but after meeting the lifesavers, and with the help of her Dad, Annie soon discovers the joys of swimming in the sea.
Annie’s confidence grows until she experiences a surging wave that drags her into deep water. Will she remember how to tell the surf lifesavers she needs help?
Storytime with our Lifesavers!
Children from ages 3- 8 will be engaged throughout our book reading as they learn about beach and ocean safety. They will have opportunities to respond to questions from our lifesavers as they learn key beach and ocean safety messages.
Watch Annies story!
- Surf Lifesavers wear red and yellow.
- You should always swim between the red and yellow flags.
- Some beaches are safer then others.
- There are different kinds of waves, some are safer then others.
- If you get into difficulty in the water, stay calm and raise our hand to show lifesavers you need help.
- Be sun safe at the beach. Wear a hat and rash vest and dont forget to put on sunscreen before you go out in the sun.
- Always swim with a responsible adult.