Big Beach Week 2023
Bringing you a whole week of FREE beach and water safety activities to help your students prepare for summer!
Big Beach Week will run from Monday the 27th of November to Friday 1st of December 2023.
It's time to prepare your students for the upcoming summer months. Teachers will have access to a range of FREE activity sheets and a full teachers guide all about beach & coastal safety.
What will your students be engaged in?
MONDAY: Inland Waterways & Water Safety
TUESDAY: Lifesavers & Lifeguards
WEDNESDAY: Beach & Coastal Safety
THURSDAY: Marine Creatures
FRIDAY: Beach Fun Day!
Livestreams with our Lifesavers!
Big Beach Week Competition!
Tell us how you and your family stay safe in the water. Download the entry form below.
What is Big Beach Week?
We bring you a whole week of FREE beach & water safety activities to help your students prepare for summer.
How does the week work?
We do have a theme for each day of the week however you can run the week any way you like. Registered schools will receive access to a comprehensive range of resources including a schedule, guide and lesson plans along with all activity sheets and media links to our livestreams.
What Stages is this program suitable for?
This is a primary based program suitable for Es1 to S3
What do students learn?
- Monday: Different bodies of water
- Tuesday: Roles of lifesavers and lifeguards
- Wednesday: Hazards at the beach
- Thursday: Rock pools
- Friday: Sun safety and staying safe outdoors
What are the FREE resources I will receive?
- A comprehensive Teachers Guide including learning outcomes and key messages
- Student worksheets
- Promotional flyers and posters
Is there a competition?
Yes! During the week we will run a competition for students to enter.
What are the livestreams?
To celebrate the start of summer we have 3 livestreams planned across the week.
- Tuesday: Students will meet lifesavers & lifeguards and will learn what they do, what their responsibilities are and how they keep us safe at the water. We encourage students and classrooms to ask questions during this live session.
- Wednesday: Students will be taken on a real-time tour of a beach to scan for hazards and learn about the conditions. We will look at rip currents and demonstrate ways to stay safe while at the beach. Plus they can ask real time questions.
- Thursday: Students will join us for a live guided tour of a rock platform and learn about marine creatures.
When do I receive the resources?
We will send you a link so you can download all of the resources and the teachers guide two weeks prior to BBW.
Can parents be involved?
We provide a letter for parents and families that can be sent home or made available digitally.
How can I promote the week at my school?
Promotional Flyers and posters will be available that you can digitally link or print and place up around your school.