Stage 4 English Teaching Resources
This curriculum based Secondary English Stage 4 Unit Outline includes a 3-4 week staged based lesson plan and activities for teachers to download.
Creating quality Teacher Resources
The beach has a place in everyone's story
Surf Life Saving is much more than just saving lives on the beach
A key priority for us is reaching out to all Australians through our substantial community education programs. We aim to teach all Australians how to keep themselves and their families safe at the beach.
The beach is a place for everyone
This unit and associated resources focus on delivering the key water safety message that the beach is a place for everyone to safely experience the beach, coastline and inland waterways. It also gives students an opportunity to further develop their literacy skills, address the Cross-Curriculum Priorities of the NSW Curriculum and give students to experience authentic learning by creating meaningful projects through inquiry-based tasks.
What are the key learnings?
- That the beach is a part of everyone’s story and is a place of inclusivity, energy and place to enhance health and wellbeing.
- The beach is always changing.
- Planning your students for a safe and fun beach experience with themselves, their mates and family.
- Know the beach they are going to. Know their safety plan.
- Fight the mob mentality and be self-aware of their own and their mates competency if they are in an unsafe situation on the beach.
What are the important beach safety messages?
- Find the red and yellow flags and swim between them
- Look for, and read the safety signs
- Ask a lifesaver or lifeguard for safety advice
- Go swimming with an adult
- Signal for help if you get into trouble in the wate
What you will find in this resource:
NSW Syllabus Outcomes
3-4 Week Lesson Plan & Tasks
Builds on the foundational skills developed in the earlier years to support the growing knowledge, understanding and skills in the areas of Reading, viewing and listening to texts, Understanding and responding to texts and Expressing ideas and composing text.