Rock Fishing Community Sessions
Join us on the coast or in community as we bring lifesaving rock fishing education to you.
We are excited to announce...
A new targeted program to address rockfishing deaths. The NSW Recreational Fishing Fund will invest $205,000 in a new rock fishing safety and skills program targeting at-risk communities, to be delivered by Surf Life Saving NSW, including giving out 1000 free fit-for-purpose lifejackets to participants.
Click on the video to watch the Channel 7 Exclusive.
What will be delivered as part of this project?
- 1,000 lifejackets with lifejacket education will be deployed into targeted at-risk communities.
- 10 x coastal rock fishing safety and skill sessions at identified high risk rock fishing areas.
- 10 x in-community (non-coastal) rock fishing safety and skill sessions within identified at-risk community locations.
- 10 x classroom based (in community or virtual) adult education sessions
- 20 x early childhood and early primary school educational programs coastal and rock fishing safety.
- New multicultural community targeted rock fishing safety videos (in-language or with translations).
- New rock fishing safety collateral and resources (with translations).
- Provision of in-language social media campaigns, inclusive of in-language radio.
Meet our program ambassadors...
Rahadian Thahar (Hadi)
Program locations to be announced shortly...
How can you get involved?
Are you an experienced rock fisher? Are you passionate about rock fishing safety? Do you have skills, experiences and expertise to share with others? Become a rock fishing program ambassador! Reach out to us to express our interest in getting involved.