In the rip with a lifesaver
Experience a rip current with our Lifesavers!
Rips are one of the greatest and most common hazards on Australian beaches. Knowing what a rip is, how to spot one and how to avoid one is key to staying safe at the beach. In this livestream session you will experience a real rip current with one of our skilled Lifesavers and learn what to do if you ever get caught in one.
What will you experience & learn?
- How to identify a rip current
- How to escape a rip current
- How to identify hazards on the beach
- How to safely enter the water
- How to safely exit the water
- How to approach a wave
- Watch a rip current work with a rip dye demonstration
- Ask our Lifesavers questions