Stage 6 Biology Teaching Resources
Secondary teacher resource focusing on Biological Ecosystems content and outcomes for Year 11.
Creating quality Teacher Resources
The beach has a place in everyone's story
Surf Life Saving is much more than just saving lives on the beach
A key priority for us is reaching out to all Australians through our substantial community education programs. We aim to teach all Australians how to keep themselves and their families safe at the beach.
What is the learning intention?
Students analyse ecosystem dynamics and the interrelationships of organisms within the ecosystem [BIO 11-11]
- Define the terms abiotic factor and biotic factor
- Explain the impacts of abiotic and biotic factors on an ecosystem
- Explain ecological niches occupied by species
- Describe the different relationships between species within an ecosystem including: predation, competition, symbiosis
What will you find in these units?
- Teacher Guide
- Background Research Task
- Planning Investigation
- Field Documents
- Digital Field Study
- Lab Report
- Marking Criteria
Key beach safety messages
- Find the red and yellow flags and swim between them
- Look for, and read the safety signs
- Ask a lifesaver or lifeguard for safety advice
- Go swimming with an adult
- Signal for help if you get into trouble in the wate
What you will find in this resource:
Outcomes & Lessons
SLSNSW Education values worksheet
This course provides students with the opportunity to learn about variations in the structures and functions of organisms and provides an understanding of the effects of the environment on living things. Students investigate reproduction, inheritance patterns and the causes of genetic variation. Applications of this knowledge in biotechnology and genetic technologies are explored.