The Australian Government is supporting peak water safety bodies to declare the first day of summer, December 1st, National Water Safety Day, in a bid to encourage all Australians to make water safety a priority.
An unacceptable number of drownings occur during the months of summer with Australians making the most of the coastline, pools, rivers and lakes. Last season there were 248 drownings across Australia, with 39% of all drownings occurring during summer.
On inaugural National Water Safety Day leading water safety authorities Surf Life Saving Australia, Royal Life Saving Society – Australia are reminding all Aussies to be safe when enjoying the water this summer.
Join us to celebrate National Water Safety Day and receive a free downloadable resource pack filled with beach safety related classroom activities, worksheets and access to virtual and online Livestreams and content directly from our Lifesavers on the coast.
DRESS IN RED & YELLOW ON DECEMBER 1ST & RAISE AWARENESS OF SWIMMING BETWEEN THE FLAGS!
What will you recieve?
- Teachers Guide for the day's plans and activities.
- Classroom activity sheets.
- Promotional flyer for the day.
- Presentation to use at assembly or in the classroom on our core beach safety messages.
- Access to livestreams with our very own Lifesavers on the coast.